The Economic Development Office of the City of Canton has two Primary Objectives:
- The retention and expansion of existing Canton businesses
- The relocation of new businesses to Canton
These two objectives are focused on commercial and industrial businesses with the ultimate goal being an increased tax base and high wage jobs within a diversified local economy for an overall increased quality of life for our citizens and community.
- Tax Abatements / Refunds
- Land Grant: Reduced price / Low Cost / No Cost Land
- Infrastructure / Building Construction / Renovation Grants
- Job Creation Grant Incentives through CEDC
- Downtown Retail Rent Subsidy
- Vacant Building Renovation Grants
- Local Business Expansion Grants
*All Incentives must meet the Canton Economic Development (CEDC) Criteria.
Download Assistance Program Guidelines
Download Assistance Program Application Form
Van Zandt County
Job Creation & Other Grants / Tax Abatements